Monday, November 16, 2009

The first half of my reign!

Hey there!
I haven't had the chance to update my blog in quite some time so I have a lot to say in just a few paragraphs! I have managed to cram in multiple activities these past months from parades, fairs, fashion shows, motorsports races, pageants and photoshoots as well as appearing at some quite unique events near my hometown. All the while, I have been pushing through my junior year at Brown County High School. Throughout all the appearances that I have made this summer and fall, I have some devoted friends that always love to tag along when I don't want to be lonely at these events. Being able to share all of this with my friends is so nice and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Kelsey Bell, Jeremy Wentzel, Haley Deckert, Presley Moreland, Raegan Atchison and so many more are always up for some good old pageant-ing.
                                                                    
Some of my favorite appearances I have listed below, starting with the Indiana State Fair. Despite that it was a scorching hot day, it was a lot more fun than previous times I had attended!


In September, I was a grid girl(umbrella girl) at the second annual Red Bull Indianapolis GP for British rider Danny Webb and French rider Randy de Puniet. It was so much fun to be a VIP and hang out in the garages with all of the riders and their pit crews. Standing on the starting grid with all the riders as they reved up their engines while holding an umbrella over them to shield them from the heat was intense and exhilarating!
                                                                        


In the beginning of October I was given the opportunity to ride in the Oktoberfest parade in Seymour, Indiana and the Fall Folliage parade in Martinsville, Indiana. It is the second largest parade in the state right behind the Indianapolis 500 parade, viewed by 50,000 spectators. It was such a fun experience that I got to share with Kelsey, Jeremy, and my father.
                                                                                 

Towards the end of the month I was able to walk in Midwest Fashion Week in two seperate shows. It was a great chance to meet new people, make new friends and network!
                                                                      
This November, I attended the Miss Indiana USA and Teen USA pageant in Carmel, Indiana with my two fabulous directors! Christine picked the winners (Allison Biehle and Madeline Plesac) like the pro that she is, and she, Kathy and I had the chance to meet with some of the contestants of the 2010 Miss Teen Indiana-World pageant. After the pageant, we went to check out the location of the pageant, The Masonic Center in downtown Indianapolis. It was a beautiful place, although it didn't meet some of our requirements.... but we can work with it! I will be adding photos on my page from some of these events so check them out and feel free to leave comments!

Love Kimberly
Miss Teen Indiana-World 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment